If you're selling video products on your own Tradecast-powered video platform, there may come a point when you want to work with ticket codes. For example, to gift one user or an entire group of users a certain Plan. Then, the feature 'Bulk ticket code upload' can come in handy. This allows you to upload and activate a large number of ticket codes at once. In this article we explain how to do just that.
To upload a series of ticket codes all at once (or 'in bulk') to the Video Management System (VMS) behind your own video platform, you need to establish a set of rules for this in a .csv file with a specific format.
Below is an example of such a specifically set up .csv file:
|HCJ-idsmaop8||31||Ticket code description||1||FALSE|
|HCJ-bsmqop4||31||Ticket code description||1||FALSE|
Several things to take into account:
- The way to separate data in the .csv file is to use a comma [ , ];
- The 'ticketCode' column contains unique codes that you need to supply yourself. You can come up with these yourself, but we recommend using an online tool to do so, like Voucherify;
- The 'planID' column should contain an existing identification number of a created Plan;
- The 'description' column is free to fill in. With this, you make clear what exactly these ticket codes activate;
- In the 'maxUsages' column, enter how many times each ticket code you upload via this .csv file can be used;
- The last column - 'discontinued' - determines whether the code is valid, or not. You do this by using the terms 'TRUE' (valid) or 'FALSE' (invalid).
Once you have completed your .csv file using the above outline, you can upload it into your video platform's VMS. You do this in the following way:
- In your VMS, choose the 'Generate revenue' option from the main menu;
- Then click on 'Ticket Codes';
- Then click on 'Add in bulk';
- Choose the .csv file on your computer and import it.
Once you have completed these steps, you will see your ticket codes in the overview on the Ticket Codes main page.