In order to make the images you use in Marketing Sliders and banners on Category pages look as good as possible, there are a few things you can take into account. In this article, we'll explain how you can ensure that the banner images in Marketing Sliders and Category pages on your own video platform are displayed in the best possible way.
Managing banner images in Marketing Sliders and Category pages is done through the Video Management System (VMS) of your Tradecast platform. Once logged in, you will find the Marketing Slider page under the 'Tools' button and then under 'Sliders', in the main menu of your VMS on the left side of the screen. Category landing pages - which you can also add a banner image to - can be managed via the 'Videos' button and then 'Categories' in the main menu.
Tips for the best display
For the best results, there are a few things to keep in mind when uploading banner images for both your Marketing Sliders and Category landing pages. We've listed them for you below:
- Upload images in the highest resolution possible, preferably at least 1920 by 1080 pixels;
- This will prevent a banner image from appearing blurry or "grainy" on high resolution screens.
- Upload images in which the most important element is shown centered as much as possible;
- This prevents this important element from being cut off when the screen is scaled.
- Preferably do not upload images in which texts are displayed, because texts can be added to banner images from the VMS;
- Through the meta data fields in the VMS you can provide a Marketing Slider with a title, a description and up to two buttons. Banner images in Category pages can be given a title and a description, which will appear with the image.
- Always test your uploaded image and set meta data at the front end of your video platform, preferably on desktop devices as well as mobile devices.
- This will allow you to test the user experience and possibly crop or upload your banner images in a higher resolution.
By taking these tips into account, your Marketing Slider slides and Category pages will soon look as eye-catching as possible. Have fun enriching your video platform!