Live streaming on your own Tradecast platform can be done in two different ways: directly from the CMS of your video platform and from an iOS device, such as an iPhone for example. In this article, we explain how you can start a live stream on your platform from an iOS device.
To start a live stream from your iOS device, first of all you'll need the free iOS application Larix from the Apple App Store. This app meets all the specifications to successfully launch a live stream on your platform from an iOS device.
Once you have downloaded and installed the Larix app, you can log into your video platform's CMS to create a livestream. You can find the steps to create a new livestream in your platform's CMS in this article. Once you have created the live stream, you will see the stream specifications in the CMS. You will need to copy this information into the Larix app.
Putting the livestream settings from your video platform's CMS into the Larix app goes as follows:
Note: the explanation below only applies to creating a Premium Livestream. At the bottom of this page you will find the explanation for live streaming from the Basic Livestream option.
- In the Larix app, tapp the Settings icon, the cog in the top right corner
- Then tapp 'Connections'
- Tapp the '+'-sign in the top richt corner
- Give a name to the live stream, for instance 'Live stream 1'
- At 'URL', copy the 'Stream URL 1' from the Tradecast CMS. Then paste this between the URL and the Stream Key 'live/'. See an example below:
The URL that has to be filled into the Larix app will now be:
- In 'Mode', select 'Audio + Video'
- Tap 'Save'
- Go back to the 'Settings' overview
- Tap 'Video' and adjust all specifications like they are shown in the stream overview in the Tradecast CMS. See an example below:
Next, in the Larix App fill in the following:
- Resolution: 1280x720
- Bitrate (Kbps): 10.000
- Frame rate: 30 fps
- Keyframe frequency: 2 seconden (keep it like this)
- Format: H.264 (keep it like this)
- H.264 profile: Main (keep it like this)
- Adaptive bitrate streaming: Off
- Keep Audio settings on default
If you want to start a Basic Live stream, you first create it via the CMS of your Tradecast platform. Next, you copy the link behind 'Stream url 1' and paste it into the Larix app.
Note: unlike the Premium Live stream, you do not need to add '/live' to the URL for this link. You can leave the other settings as they are.
Once all the settings are ready, you can start the live stream from the iOS device that the Larix app is running on. You can stop the live stream at any time by tapping the red button. The app will then stop sending the live stream signal to your Tradecast platform.
For questions about live streaming on your Tradecast platform from an iOS device, please contact Tradecast Support.